Jeepin the USA!

Go Back   Jeepin the USA! > Jeep Talk Spoken Here
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Jeep Talk Spoken Here No sense being too complicated until (unless?) posts and traffic warrant categories to be set up. Who wants to search through dozens of forums anyway?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #4
Rich Z
Administrator

Was taking a closer look at the new transmission jack yesterday, and noticed that the adapter head (or I believe it is called a "saddle") had some play with the tilt adjustment as well as the lateral movement adjustment. There are adjustment nuts on both threaded portions of the saddle, so I ran them as tight as they would go, and there was still a noticeable gap between the locking nut and the washers. So I just added another washer or two to take up the slack and that seemed to remove just about all of the play.

Now I did notice that whereas the lateral adjuster had thrust bearings on both sides of the shaft that actually moves the platform, the tilt adjuster lacks a bearing on the top side. Not sure if that is intentional or not, as there really doesn't look like there is enough space to put another bearing there anyway. I put oil on the bearings and the sliding surfaces, and it seemed to work smooth enough.

Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote