Jeepin the USA!

Go Back   Jeepin the USA! > Jeep Talk Spoken Here
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Jeep Talk Spoken Here No sense being too complicated until (unless?) posts and traffic warrant categories to be set up. Who wants to search through dozens of forums anyway?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #1
Rich Z
Administrator

Default Transmission Jack

The transmission jack that I ordered from Home Depot came in yesterday, so after meeting the Estes truck at the Walmart parking lot and loading the pallet into Connie's truck bed, we brought it home and parking in the garage. Later that day I used the engine hoist to lift the jack in the wooden crate it came in from the pallet onto the garage floor so we could put it together.

Pretty nice wooden box that it came in....

Putting it together was very easy and it seems like an extremely sturdy jack. The transmission adapter head on it only tilts in one direction, with another knob that will move the head laterally. Seems to me that the lateral adjustment is kind of a waste, because if you wanted to move whatever is on the lift that way, you could just as easily just move the entire jack itself. But maybe I am just missing the idea here.

Anyway, snapped some pics of that transmission jack, which is going to be 1 of 2. The other one I want to have an adapter head on it that tilts in both planes instead of just one like this one does, however.

Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote