View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 12:45 AM   #5
Rich Z
Administrator

Got the second transmission jack in a while back.

Honestly I wasn't all that thrilled with the head that came on it, as it had a lot more play than I was comfortable with. So I contacted BendPak and expressed as much. After passing emails back and forth with the senior VP of sales, the guy checked out what I was talking about, then went and BOUGHT me a new head after checking with his staff and also going to a few transmission places to check on what other models were doing. His shop staff had to cut the mount off of one of their heads and weld it onto the replacement they sent me. I have to tell you, I was blown away by how far BendPak went to keep me a happy customer.

So anyway, I got in the new head, and it is a LOT better than the original one. Today I drilled and tapped holes into the plate on the head so I could mount the GM transmission adapter I bought earlier. It looks like that adapter was designed with this transmission jack head in mind, as the holes went into places perfectly that did not impact anything else underneath the head. I only had to do a little bit of "minor fitment", and that was because one of the holes I drilled was a little off. Not sure how that happened, but no big deal, fortunately. I also added the grab ring around the jack body, as I liked that style better than what came stock with the TransJack. This will allow me to more easily move the jack no matter where I am in relation to it.

Anyway, ON to the pics!

Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote